Garage Fire at Bapton Lane, Exmouth.

  Posted: 26.09.18 at 16:30 by The Editor

us on Facebook



Date: 26.09.2018
Time: 13:26
Location: Bapton Lane, Exmouth.

The Fire Service were called to a report of a fire within a domestic garage at the above location. One fire appliance from Exmouth, one from Middlemoor and one fire appliance from Budleigh Salterton were mobilised to this incident.

Once the crew arrived the officer in charge confirmed this was a fire involving a domestic garage. The crews got to work immediately to gain entry to the garage with the use of hydraulic cutting equipment and small tools. Once the crew gained entry to the garage they got to work extinguishing the fire with the use of 4 breathing apparatus, 1 safety jet, a positive pressure ventilation fan and 1 hose reel jet. One dog was rescued from the premises uninjured.

Once Western Power Distribution engineers arrived on scene and had isolated the electrics the crews were then able to cut away areas of the premises checking for hot spots.

The fire is now fully extinguished and the fire is believed to have originated in an electric consumer unit.  This unit was completely damaged by fire. 20% of the garage was severely damaged by fire and the remainder was damaged by heat and smoke. The cause of fire is believed to be accidental.

Shoppers can donate their unwanted bras as part of a new recycling scheme helping to raise money for a breast cancer research charity. ...
Read more...


Share: