Tumble Dryer Fire at

  Posted: 10.10.18 at 22:30 by The Editor

us on Facebook




Date:
Time:
Location:

Two fire engines from our Sidmouth Fire Station were mobilised to reports of a tumble dryer on fire within ground floor accommodation of a block of flats.
On arrival crews quickly confirmed that all persons were accounted for and that this incident was involving a small fire within a tumble dryer. Crews got to work using one hose reel jet with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
Crews also requested the attendance of an ambulance for one occupant who was suffering some smoke inhalation.
The fire was quickly extinguished and the crews removed the appliance to the open prior to using a positive pressure ventilation fan to disperse any lingering smoke and fumes from the premises.
On arrival of the Ambulance, the casualty was checked over by the paramedics but was not required to attend hospital.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
 
These are the final details. 

Next Sidmouth news item...

Sidmouth flood scheme approved

Posted on: 10 October 2018

Devon County Council’s Cabinet has rubberstamped a £759,000 scheme today (Wednesday) to redu...
Read more...


Share: